Is Your Email Marketing Working?
Use These Tactics to Make Your Email Opt-ins Skyrocket
If email marketing is a major part of your business, as it should be, then we are all faced with the task of constantly growing and replenishing our lists. It’s a fact of life that the more people you can market to, the higher your revenues will be.
Knowing this, there are a number of things we can do in order to increase the likelihood of gathering opt-ins. Let’s look at just 8 of the many ways you can energize your email opt-in box.
8 Suggestions for a crowded email marketing opt-in box!
- Give them a great reason to sign up – There needs to be a reason for most people to subscribe to your lists, and these days it takes a bribe of some kind, usually something of value to them. That can be in the form of a free report, video or other useful, targeted content.
- Ask for only name and email – The more fields you make them fill out, the lower your opt-in rate. Testing proves this.
- Use a testimonial near your form – Having someone vouch for you next to your request for their email is an easy way to provide social proof and boost opt-ins.
- Test compelling copy for your button – Don’t put up with a bland “Subscribe” text on your button. Test other, more colorful content to discover the best wording.
- Use pop-ups – Like them or not, they do work. Keep the popups as innocuous as possible, preferably only showing when they’ve been on the site for some time or are exiting.
- Use a concise call to action – Don’t be shy about asking for their info in return for your valuable gift. You both can win here, but only if you ask!
- Tell them what to do – Don’t presume people know what to do! Tell them exactly what to do to get what you’ve promised.
- Use attractive images – Always use attractive imagery in your email opt-in boxes. They don’t have to be only textual. A nice image of what you’re providing them with can go a long way!
Contact us today to learn more about effective email marketing.
Latest posts by Mike (see all)
- Reputation Management Tips for Local Business - November 22, 2015
- How Video Marketing Can Help You Build and Sell Your Brand - November 22, 2015
- Why Reputation Marketing Should Be Your Business’ Marketing Priority - August 12, 2015