How to Optimize Mobile Websites
Today’s world is more mobile than ever, and while it’s true that 67 percent of mobile users who land on a mobile optimized site are more likely to convert, it’s also true that nearly as many — 61 percent — of those who land on a site not optimized for mobile will hop to your competitor’s site pronto!
Since that leaves us very little choice on the matter, it’s incumbent for us to make our sites as optimized for mobile as is feasible. While there are actually many pieces to this puzzle, we’ve uncovered 7 things you can do to help your site be more optimized for mobile browsing.
7 Ways to be sure your site is optimized for mobile
- Use redirects to ensure your mobile visitors are getting where they need to be; which is the mobile version of your site!
- Dive into your analytics account to determine which mobile devices are being used to view your site, and then check out how your site looks on each one of those devices. (There are tools for this) Check out a variety of phones and tablets.
- Do not use Flash for your mobile site, as iPhone can’t read it at all, and on Android devices it’s very slow.
- Don’t employ pop-ups on the mobile version of your site, because they make your site load times very slow and will move visitors away from where they want to be. This is especially true with ads you may be running.
- Make sure your videos are shown via an HTML5 player. You also should make your videos responsive in order to make them fit inside the different size screens they will be viewed on.
- Don’t go crazy with images! Use what you absolutely need, and no more! They increase load times, and quite often don’t render well in a mobile environment.
- Make your titles and body content are shorter and more to the point. People can’t stand reading long runs of text on a small mobile screen, and will simply go away.
That may see like a lot, but really we’ve only scratched the surface. This will definitely get you off to a good start, though, and probably will be far more than your competition is doing! Learn more about how to optimize mobile websites. Contact us today for more information.
Optimize Mobile Websites with iConcepts Marketing today.
Latest posts by Mike (see all)
- Reputation Management Tips for Local Business - November 22, 2015
- How Video Marketing Can Help You Build and Sell Your Brand - November 22, 2015
- Why Reputation Marketing Should Be Your Business’ Marketing Priority - August 12, 2015