The Value of Mobile Websites
Mobile websites are not only a marketing strategy but also very helpful in enabling your potential customers to learn about your services with ease. The common problems of most mobile websites are that the user’s expectations are not met. Many businesses simply think that their main website will provide information to mobile users as well. This could not be further from the truth; mobile websites are designed specifically for mobile devices. Properly designed mobile websites provide only the key business information that will create interest and cause the user to contact you. This type of website contains far fewer pages, has larger controls creating easy navigation and the content is formatted to fit the much smaller smartphone and standard phone screens.
Watch this Video To Learn More!
Some characteristics of properly designed mobile websites are:
- Designed to load quickly
- Display friendly content
- “Tap to Call” buttons to reach your business are easy to access
- Contain 3-4 main topics/points that are designed only to generate interest in your brand
- Are not miniature versions of your main site
- Have the same basic look of your main site
Some points to consider:
- 3 out of 5 searches are done using a mobile phone
- 95% of smartphone users have searched for local information
- 70% of all mobile searches result in action within 1 hour
- 61% of users call a business after searching and 59% visit the location
- 90% of these people act within 24 hours
- Mobile coupons get 10 times the redemption rate of traditional coupons
So what do all these statistics and bullet points mean to the business owner? The answer is quite simple. If your business is not taking advantage of the Mobile ad space, you’re missing out on the hottest trend that’s getting small businesses seeing Green again.
Google has stated that searching for local businesses is the number 1 way people use smartphones. As a matter of fact, if you do not have a mobile optimized website, you may be penalized in Google search results. There is a significant problem when you attempt to view a standard website on a mobile device; you almost need a magnifying glass to read the content. On the other hand, mobile optimized websites are very user friendly and load fast. The make it easy to find your location, easy to take action (call your business) and drive targeted “buyer” traffic to your business.
At iConcepts Marketing our developers are in tune with the latest mobile device technology and have developed hundreds of effective mobile websites. For more information on why effective mobile websites are crucial to your business success, contact us today.
To see what your customers see when visiting your website on a mobile device, click here to use our Mobile Simulator.