How Can Your Business Benefit from SoLoMo?
If you haven’t yet adopted the concept of SoLoMo, (social, local, mobile) it’s high time to get connected and realize exactly how and why this is a most important direction for your small business to embrace.
So what is SoLoMo and why do you want it?
The unification of these three was practically unavoidable. As location based services are becoming more and more advanced, tracking our every move, it wasn’t such a huge step to having businesses be able to connect and touch someone, (like you!) with location based notifications and offers. Pew Internet & American Life Project recently found out that around 74 percent of smartphone users use their mobile devices to acquire local information, and approximately 18 percent are using them to check in on local businesses with geo-location services like Foursquare, Yelp and others. As more mobile users are seeking local products and services, either you and your company will find a way to serve these people, who are out, phone in hand and wallet virtually open, or you’ll notice that your competition will!
3 Ways to your business can employ SoLoMo
- Utilize social media – Using your social media accounts, such as Facebook, Twitter and others to engage and inform your target audience is an excellent and low-cost method to build relationship and your brand simultaneously.
- Optimize your local presence – Make certain your business is optimized in local search directories that are applicable, and you are actively catering to local business with your marketing.
- Don’t ignore mobile marketing – Use of mobile ads is making more and more sense these days, as ROIs are good, costs are affordable and ad inventory is high. Also, some local advertising solutions are very inexpensive or actually free, such as check in deal on Facebook or FourSquare.
One terrific demonstration of a business that gets SoLoMo is personified by Walgreens. Checking in with Foursquare gives their customers coupons and much more! SoLoMo isn’t going away anytime soon, so make sure to get there before your competition does!
Latest posts by Mike (see all)
- Reputation Management Tips for Local Business - November 22, 2015
- How Video Marketing Can Help You Build and Sell Your Brand - November 22, 2015
- Why Reputation Marketing Should Be Your Business’ Marketing Priority - August 12, 2015