Using Your Google+ Page to Pump Up Your SEO
Since Google+ is now recognized as the Avis of the social media sites second to Facebook, with over 540 million registered monthly users, and the +1 button getting pressed over 5 billion times a day, perhaps it’s time to see how much this goliath can do for your small business.
With the possibility for better search rankings, as well as targeted direct traffic coming from your efforts it can really pay off to optimize your Google+ property. Let’s look into some ways to do just that.
How to take advantage of your Google+ Page
Here are 5 ways you can help yourself with your Google+ page.
- Make sure to complete your profile – An incomplete profile, particularly for a business, is a sign that you aren’t perhaps as together as you’d want them to believe. By making use of every part of the profile, this will ensure that you are more likely to rank well in search as well get direct traffic from Google+. This is true for all social media profiles. Use this as a chance to make your business shine!
- Take advantage of Google+ features – Connecting with people, creating circles, posting content and targeted messaging are all ways for you to leverage the opportunities afforded you on this growing and powerful social media platform.
- Make sure you use the Google +1 button – Asking your readers to share via the +1 button, and ensuring it is available and prominent are painless ways to get more visitors, as well as a wider reach than you are capable of contacting through your own contacts.
- Don’t fail to optimize your Title and URLs – The old format Google+ used for your pages went something like this: https://plus.google.com/1234567892022332. Why not instead use a far more friendly format: Your Site Name – Google+. This will help in the search results along with making it far easier for people to respond to your page.
- Use the links that are allowed! – There are link opportunities that you can take advantage of within your profile that are dofollow. These are links in your introduction along with links to other websites. You’ll want to take advantage of these!
A well-done Google+ page will bring your site authority, along with surprisingly abundant direct traffic. If you haven’t yet done this, it’s high time to include Google+ in your marketing plan!
- Reputation Management Tips for Local Business - November 22, 2015
- How Video Marketing Can Help You Build and Sell Your Brand - November 22, 2015
- Why Reputation Marketing Should Be Your Business’ Marketing Priority - August 12, 2015