Cool Tips for Marketing with Instagram
Have you thought about using Instagram for anything other than posting the latest photos you take? Perhaps using it for a business purpose?
We might have the (mistaken) notion that all Instagram is good for is the posting of endless selfies and memes, even though the truth is that Instagram is a great deal more than this.
7 Ways for you to use Instagram in your marketing
- Build a following – One of the easiest ways to do this quickly is if you already possess a Facebook following. Simply connect the two, and you’ll get a great head start. You should also follow people and brands you admire on Instagram, and engage using hashtags.
- Use Instagram video – Becoming more and more popular, Instagram followed Vine to the show, but more than doubled the length of the videos, 15 seconds to Vine’s 6. There is a lot you can share, and while the time constraint may seem limiting, it can actually help you be more creative and different.
- Create a killer profile – Your Instagram profile is an excellent opportunity to introduce more and more people to your brand. Be sure to have current and interesting information readily available for people to follow.
- Networking on Instagram – Start following brands and people, using hashtags that make sense for your brand, and be sure to engage with people.
- Get your creative on – Make use of this opportunity to inject a major dose of creativity, and dare I say, fun into your brand. While you have to take care to not go overboard with this, it never hurts to portray your company with a more human face.
- Use Instagram to tell your brand story – By frequently posting images and videos, you can tell the story of what your brand is all about, and giving a human face to the company logo and name.
- Instagram is an excellent tool for announcements and news – Use Instagram to show new products, profile key personnel, and deliver your customers a shout-out about what’s coming that they should be aware of.
Instagram is growing dramatically right now, and with their acquisition by Facebook, they will be popular for some time to come. Just remember to limit the number of selfies, okay?
- Reputation Management Tips for Local Business - November 22, 2015
- How Video Marketing Can Help You Build and Sell Your Brand - November 22, 2015
- Why Reputation Marketing Should Be Your Business’ Marketing Priority - August 12, 2015