Are You Working on Reputation Marketing Every Day?
It’s very hard to build a great online reputation and all too easy to have it disappear instantly with a couple of negative reviews or mentions in social media. Due to the nature of Google, in that it’s all about having the latest news and reviews, it’s not unusual to find disagreeable entries which have staying power near the top of the search results for your company.
We’ve isolated methods you can use to limit the harm negative entries have on your online reputation, and enable you to combat them everyday with positives.
6 Tips to enhance your online reputation on a daily basis!
- Monitor your online presence – The first order of the day is to be familiar with what is being said about you and your brand. To try and handle this by yourself without using many of the handy tools designed for this purpose is madness. Employ tools like Google Alerts, Mention, and Topsy, among many others.
- Ask for customer reviews – Your customers are your best source for positive reviews and endorsements. Don’t be shy about asking and rewarding them for these! This can usually help push any negatives further down the search results pages, where it’s less likely they’ll be found.
- Try to be pleasant! – Even if it goes against every grain of your being, being pleasant to your customers, including the ornery ones, is a sure-fire way to grow more of said customers!
- Check the Google search results – Doing regular searches in Google search and in Google Images will allow you to locate any less than flattering mentions of your brand quickly.
- Add to the positives content about your brand – Be sure to help move the meter in your direction by contributing positive content about your brand anywhere you can, the more authoritative the better!
- Reward positive mentions with links – This can serve several purposes. It not only puts the focus on your content, but also gives links out to authority and relevance, rewarding them in the process.
It’s no picnic looking after your online reputation. But in this era where one can be trashed in an instant, it’s absolutely necessary!
- Reputation Management Tips for Local Business - November 22, 2015
- How Video Marketing Can Help You Build and Sell Your Brand - November 22, 2015
- Why Reputation Marketing Should Be Your Business’ Marketing Priority - August 12, 2015