Should You Be Marketing Your Business on Twitter?
Perhaps like many other small business people you have been either confused or on the fence about the comparable value of using Twitter in your marketing efforts. This is understandable, given that at first glance it looks to be nothing more than a great way to kill some time, with very little return on investment of your time and money. The reality always lies a lttle bit further below the surface though, and in fact Twitter does offer value for small business, if you’re able to develop and consistently execute your marketing strategy. Let’s take a peek at what’s crucial in that strategy, and how it can be worthwhile for your small business.
See these 7 ways Twitter could help your small business!
- Utilize your Twitter profile for all it’s worth – Using your profile showcases who you are and what you do is a great way to get off to a good start with your audience on Twitter. Make use of the opportunity to make a great first impression and leave links to your website or pages.
- Connect with the influencers in your market – A main goal of any twitter strategy is to make it your business to locate and connect with the people who matter in your market. Not a quick task, but an important one that can really pay off down the road.
- Use videos and images – Don’t ignore the fact that videos and images actually drive three to four more times more clicks on Twitter.
- Employ Promoted Tweets – This is an awesome way to find and connect with your ideal audience. Take care however not to be spammy or hammer people with ads constantly.
- Engage the people – Just because you are a company doesn’t relieve you of any social interaction obligation. If you’d like a good following that responds when you have something important to say or sell, heed this!
- Use Retweeting and hashtags – One simple way to help connect with and establish your own reputation as a thought leader in your space is by retweeting and using hashtags to tie into content. Make sure to contribute your own thoughts in the process.
- Give before taking – We all know how easy it is to want to sell, sell, sell. Do yourself a favor and overcome that down and instead follow the formula of give, give, give, give, sell. You’ll grow more trust, sell more and win in the long run.
- Reputation Management Tips for Local Business - November 22, 2015
- How Video Marketing Can Help You Build and Sell Your Brand - November 22, 2015
- Why Reputation Marketing Should Be Your Business’ Marketing Priority - August 12, 2015