Are Your Site Visitors Abandoning You at an Alarming Rate?
Considering all the work it takes to get visitors to your site to begin with, does it make any sense to have practices in place which are driving them away in a heartbeat? Of course not, and there are specific easy remedies for these missteps. Let’s take a look at some of these and how you can fix them.
Why people run from your site and what you can do about it
It’s not really a mystery why people abandon your pages, and it’s also simple to fix. Here are a few of the more prevalent reasons.
- Site takes too long to load – Some studies show that you have as few as 3 seconds to get your site loaded, or a majority of people leave. Your main goal is to make sure that your site loads quickly, and gives you a chance to be viewed.
- No mobile – We are more and more a society connected to our mobile devices. A full 50 percent of us now search via mobile, and about two-thirds of email is currently opened there. Enough said?
- Is your site experience difficult? – If you make your visitors jump through multiple hoops to go where they want to be, you’ll find that many won’t bother. Take a hard look at this.
- Site security questions – If your visitors are queasy about the security of your site, they’ll be unlikely to enter any sensitive information there, like for instance a credit card numberâ€¦ Check into putting appropriate site security badges to help with that.
- Awful navigation – If you can’t reasonably get around your site without bringing on a headache, you might need a navigation makeover. Make it as easy as possible to get to the important parts of the site your visitors presumably want to go.
- No purpose – Why does this page exist? If they can’t tell that in a heartbeat, they will dump you for another. Don’t confuse the issue by having scads of ads all over the page, most of which take way from the point.
- Nothing to see here, move alongâ€¦ – There’s nothing worse than arriving hopefully on a site and seeing content that’s old and out of touch, no social interaction and no one commenting or worse, answering those comments. I know what I would do: how about you?
- Reputation Management Tips for Local Business - November 22, 2015
- How Video Marketing Can Help You Build and Sell Your Brand - November 22, 2015
- Why Reputation Marketing Should Be Your Business’ Marketing Priority - August 12, 2015