Facebook Ads – It’s the Image, Stupid!
Facebook ads are probably the fastest, easiest and most effective do-it-yourself platforms for getting traffic to your offers, building prospect lists, and for just about any other purpose you can think of for your website. Ad campaigns are incredibly easy to set up, include great targeting tools, and can be online in minutes. There is one key to fully grasp, however, when it comes to receiving the best results and return on investment: That is finding the most effective images available. It’s been shown that imagery is 70-89 percent of the success or failure of a Facebook ad campaign. Let’s examine some useful tips for obtaining the most from your Facebook ad images.
5 Great Image Tips for Facebook Ads
Creating an ad that produces a real impact and statement for your product or services is a matter of standing out from the rest. Listed below are five ways to do just that!
- Use high quality images – Because your images will end up very small, be sure you’re buying from a reputable resource. Fotolia and iStockPhoto are two of our faves. The XS size of available images will be fine, as even these are going to be cut down to the size of a postage stamp. (110×80 pixels)
- Crop to deliver impact – Crop your photos closely to spotlight the most important aspect of your ad. Cropping faces from the eyes to mouth is the most impactful technique for riveting people images. Also, be sure that your model’s eyes have life. When using product images, get close!
- Choose eye-catching colors – Using bright, visually arresting images will do wonders for your click-thru rates. So many people opt to blend in with the pervasive Facebook blue, and thus consign their ads to a form of “banner blindness”.
- Choose the best looking images you can find! – Unless you are going for a certain statement, opt for the most attractive photos you can get. Everyone is attracted to beauty. Period. This is not to say that from time to time beauty can’t be trumped by cute, funny or outrageous.
- Employ humor if you can – Everyone enjoys a good laugh. If you’ve got the opportunity to inject a giggle into your ad, don’t pass it up! This will definitely result in a higher clickthrough rate!
For some terrific examples of these ad-image principles in action and more Facebook advertising tips, check out this great article at Search Engine Watch.
- Reputation Management Tips for Local Business - November 22, 2015
- How Video Marketing Can Help You Build and Sell Your Brand - November 22, 2015
- Why Reputation Marketing Should Be Your Business’ Marketing Priority - August 12, 2015