An E-Newsletter – Your own inbox magazine!
Many people are under the impression that the e-newsletter is a tool from earlier times, when we were all connected to dial-up Internet via AOL and “surfed” the web like a herd of turtles with Netscape. Even though the e-newsletter has been in existence a long time, it is still a very important tool that you will do well to employ. This is perhaps even more true today than before. Anytime you can communicate more effectively and connect with your customers in a meaningful fashion is a useful one. An e-newsletter is an extremely good approach to use, build authority and effectively drive sales. The Direct Marketing Association informs us that every $1 spent on email marketing creates $40 in revenue. Aweber reveals that 77% of small business owners report increased revenue by using email.
Not your grandmother’s e-newsletters anymore!
You might have opted in for an e-newsletter in the past and been decidedly unimpressed. Been there, done that! However, your e-newsletter doesn’t need to be has as bland and un-sexy as those. Here are some eye-catching examples of E-newsletters that rock! What’s more, every major email autoresponder service has a nice array of newsletter templates, if you are reluctant or unable to design your own. Be sure to engage your readers by resonating with what interests them. Kayak, for example, isn’t simply trying to tell you about the latest, greatest travel deals, but goes out of their way to sell the idea of travel.
Five tips for creating an E-newsletter
Here are some tips for creating an e-newsletter that will get opened and acted upon!
- Talk as if you’re talking to a friend – Customers respond to a friendly tone, and are much more likely to engage.
- Encourage communication – Provide them with every chance to respond and specifically ask for it!
- Be specific and don’t ramble – Keep on topic, and don’t be boring!
- Offer useful content – Above all else, offer content that’s fresh, useful and that resonates with your list.
- Hit emotional hot buttons – Stirring up emotion makes your writing come to life, and will frequently promote more reader engagement.
Don’t settle for simply autoresponder messages! Create a meaningful and useful e-newsletter today!
- Reputation Management Tips for Local Business - November 22, 2015
- How Video Marketing Can Help You Build and Sell Your Brand - November 22, 2015
- Why Reputation Marketing Should Be Your Business’ Marketing Priority - August 12, 2015